What Does Decompressing Your Spine Do?
Lasting neck and back pain can be very disruptive to your daily life. This pain can often be attributed to abnormalities in the discs in the spinal column. If you are suffering from severe back and neck pain, our spinal decompression therapy islandia ny at LI Integrated can employ a non-surgical treatment known as spinal decompression to ease pinched nerves and restore normal function to get you back to a pain-free life. Continue reading to learn more about this treatment and discover if it’s suitable for you.
What is Spinal Decompression?
Non-surgical spinal decompression is a form of motorized traction used at LI Integrated to help relieve back pain. Spinal decompression gently stretches the spine and changes the position and force of the spine. These changes take pressure off of the discs by creating negative pressure in the disc. As a result, spinal decompression may cause herniated or bulging discs to retract, thus taking pressure off of the nerves and the surrounding structures. This non-invasive treatment helps facilitate disc healing by promoting the movement of oxygen, water, and nutrient-rich fluids into the discs. Our spinal decompression therapy islandia ny has used spinal decompression to treat the following conditions:
- Neck Pain.
- Back Pain.
- Degenerative Disc Disease.
- Bulging or Herniated Discs.
- Posterior Facet Syndrome.
- Diseased or Injured Spinal Nerve Roots.
Spinal decompression is often used in conjunction with other chiropractic treatment modalities to provide patients with well-rounded care.
Spinal decompression performed by our spinal decompression therapy islandia ny is non-invasive and involves the use of our DRX 9000 spinal decompression table. The mechanized table applies a flexion-distraction force to pull the vertebrae slightly apart, and the resulting pressure shifts herniated or bulging discs back into proper placement. This technique also helps bulging discs replenish their fluid supply, restoring some of their height and easing joint stress. Depending on the degree of herniation, you may be required to return for additional sessions. However, this treatment is safe, effective, and painless, making it an excellent alternative to treating disc issues. Spinal decompression is often combined with other chiropractic treatments like ultrasound therapy, heat or cold therapy, and electrical stimulation. It’s best to consult with our team to determine if you are a good candidate for non-surgical spinal decompression. Those with the following conditions may not be ideal candidates for decompression:
- Metal implants in the spine.
- Advanced osteoporosis.
Visit Spinal Decompression Therapy Islandia NY
When you’re suffering from debilitating back and neck pain, you are likely looking for solutions to free yourself from pain and regain control of your life. At LI Integrated, our spinal decompression therapy islandia ny provides non-invasive spinal decompression as an alternative to back surgery. To learn more about this treatment or schedule an appointment, be sure to contact us today!
Spinal Decompression Treatment: How We Can Help You
One of the most common types of pain people experience is back pain. A recent study from The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke said that around 80 percent of people experience lower back pain at some point in their lives. It can affect someone’s ability to work, affect their emotions, and can even cause depression. For a non-surgical approach for treating back pain, try spinal decompression therapy islandia ny at Long Island Integrated.
Why Should You Choose Spinal Decompression Treatment?
It’s important that you take good care of your spine, as it plays a crucial role in your health. Benefits of spinal decompression therapy islandia ny include the following:
- No surgery - Spinal surgery is very risky and can result in nerve damage, infection, and more. By choosing spinal decompression therapy, you don’t have to worry about any of those complications.
- Stretches the spine and relieves pressure on disks - By doing this, the body is able to receive more nutrients for healing purposes
What is The Spinal Decompression Treatment Process?
The spinal decompression process is not a one-treatment cures all process. In order to effectively decompress the spine, multiple treatments will be necessary. Luckily, the treatments themselves take less than an hour. In order to perform the treatment, you will lay on a specialized table. One of our physicians will then adjusts the table to your needs and allow the spinal decompression equipment decompress your spine. LI Integrated’s spinal decompression therapy islandia ny is FDA cleared to help decompress your spine.
Other treatment options that may happen along with spinal decompression are the following:
- Electrical Stimulation - this treatment can be used for the prevention of muscle atrophy as a result of injury from joint/bone pain.
- Heat/Cold Therapy - heat therapy allows for increased relaxation of the muscles and better blood flow. Cold therapy helps reduce swelling, inflammation, and helps repair tissue
- Ultrasounds - similar to other therapies, ultrasound treatment is great for increasing blood flow and reducing swelling from the original injury.
How Can LI Integrated Help?
Lower back pain can really affect a person’s life. Instead of constantly being brought down by your back pain, let us help. LI Integrated possesses some of the top spinal decompression therapy islandia ny out there for treating our patients' back problem needs. Say goodbye to your back pain and book a spinal decompression appointment today!
Spinal Decompression Therapy for Spondylolisthesis
Spondylolisthesis occurs when the vertebra shifts out of position in the spine. Depending on how far it shifts out of place depends on the level of pain. If you or a loved one is suffering from this condition, our spinal decompression therapy islandia ny at Connetquot Chiropractic can help you today. Through proper care, we can make your back feel good as new!
The following are some common facts about spondylolisthesis that one should be aware of:
- Level of severity - Doctors describe spondylolisthesis with two terms: low grade and high grade. High grade is when the vertebra shifts more than 50 percent from where it’s supposed to be in the spine. High-grade spondylolisthesis comes with intense pain and nerve injury.
- Cause - Everyone is at risk for spondylolisthesis but because children are in a state of growing, they’re at a higher risk when they play physical sports, like football or gymnastics. Over time they become susceptible to spondylolisthesis because of the pressure on the vertebra.
- Genetics - Some people have thinner spines because of genetics which may make fractures more common than others. Whether you develop spondylolisthesis from sports alone or a combination of genetics and sports, spinal decompression therapy islandia ny will be able to help you.
Symptoms - Some symptoms of spondylolisthesis include:
- Muscle strain like pain
- Pain that goes from your lower back all the way to your thighs
- Pain that increases while trying to continue with your daily activities, while decreases with rest.
- Struggling to stand and walk
- If you feel your hamstrings are tight.
- Your back is extremely stiff
If you suffer from spondylolisthesis, the solution to your pain could very well be spinal decompression therapy. The therapy is noninvasive so not only does it ease your pain, but it’s also quick and convenient!
- How it works - The therapy helps by stretching out the spine which in turn takes the pressure off your nerves and eases your pain.
- How long is the treatment? - The number of sessions one may need is not too long or time-consuming. Typically it will take 30 to 45 minutes for one session over a period of five to seven weeks for a total of 20 to 28 sessions altogether.
Visit Spinal Decompression Therapy Islandia NY Today!
Spondylolisthesis is something that no one should take lightly. If you are looking for help, spinal decompression therapy islandia ny may be what you are looking for. Contact us today to set up an appointment!
What Are the Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal decompression is an FDA approved therapy that helps to combat back pain. It has been proven to be effective in reducing back pain and stimulating recovery. It works by gently pressuring the spine to alleviate pressure on the discs. If you are interested in spinal decompression treatment in Suffolk County, contact Connetquot Chiropractic today to set up a consultation. Our staff has decades of experience and can help facilitate your journey towards recovery.
How Spinal Decompression Therapy Works
Spinal decompression is a non-surgical approach towards treating back pain, and we offer the most up-to-date technological medical devices. With the aid of an expert, your back will undergo mechanical traction to uplift your spine and alleviate pressure built up in between your intervertebral discs. This will help pain secondary to some of the most common causes of back pain.
Conditions treated by spinal decompression therapy:
- Herniated discs
- Ruptured discs
- Bulging discs
- Degenerative discs
- Slipped discs
- Facet syndromes
- Relapse or failure following surgery
How Can Spinal Decompression Therapy Benefit Me?
- Cost-effective - Spinal decompression therapy islandia ny should not cost you more than medical or surgical management. Depending on the cause of back pain, insurance can also help to cover visits. Making use of spinal decompression over a few sessions is a cost-effective way to make a long-term positive impact on your life.
- Quick-relief - A recent study showed that patients who have suffered from back pain for more than six months saw pain relief after undergoing spinal decompression therapy islandia ny in as little as eight weeks.
- Pain-free - A spinal decompression table has mechanisms in place to ensure the process is safe and pain-free. This means that the mechanism of traction works little by little over a long course of time, eventually producing effective results.
- Limited medical/surgical side effects - Pain medications have addictive side effects and may cause drowsiness that affects your daily routine. In addition, anti-inflammatory medications can cause stomach ulcers or kidney damage. Surgery, on the other hand, can also have consequences including bleeding and infection. Making use of spinal decompression is a smart way to avoid side effects that can potentially lead to a bigger problem down the road.
LI Integrated - Spinal Decompression Treatment in Suffolk County
Contact Connetquot Chiropractic today so we can determine if you are a candidate for spinal decompression treatment. If you are specifically looking for spinal decompression treatment in Suffolk County, Connetquot Chiropractic offers flexible hours at a convenient location staffed by experienced professionals. Make your initial appointment online or over the phone today, and take the first step towards living your best life!