Welcome To LI Integrated A Chiropractor Central Islip NY
LI Integrated has focused on improving the health and minds of Ronkonkoma residents since 1985. Everyone wants to live a healthy, pain-free life which is why our wellness center here at LI Integrated located in Ronkonkoma, New York provides safe and effective treatment options that will get your body and mind back to its normal state holistically. Our dedicated staff ensures that you will leave each session one step closer to a pain-free life. Our goal here at LI Integrated is to take you back to that pain-free state and healthy lifestyle that you have been missing. Through our many services offered, each is tailored to fit the needs of each and every patient. We work to get them back to that desired pain-free state and help them reach their health goals. Contact us for a Chiropractor Central Islip NY today!
Is It Better To Sit Or Stand With Herniated Disc?
Going about your daily life with a herniated disc can be extremely painful. After being diagnosed with this condition, you are probably looking for ways to reduce the pain. Activities you once took for granted, like sleeping or sitting at your desk, seem exceedingly challenging. At LI Integrated, we provide chiropractor central islip ny to those dealing with pain from herniated discs. This condition often responds well to physical therapy, and our team would like to share some methods for the reduction of pain.
What Is A Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc is a prevalent injury we treat, but it can be very disruptive to a patient’s daily life. Herniated discs develop as the discs between the vertebrae and spine slip out of place or rupture, causing irritation to the nearby nerves. A herniated disc can occur anywhere along the spine and is usually the result of age-related wear and tear. Sometimes, using your back muscles instead of your leg muscles to lift objects can lead to a herniated disc. The symptoms associated with a herniated disc depend on where the disc is located and whether or not it is pressing on a nerve. Some of the telltale signs of a herniated disc are:
- Radiating numbness or tingling.
- Leg or arm pain.
- Muscle weakness.
Some patients can have a herniated disc without symptoms. A herniated disc causes painful and uncomfortable symptoms that make it difficult to sit or sleep, negatively impacting your quality of life. Seeking chiropractor central islip ny can help you find ways to adjust your behaviors and environment to improve symptoms and prevent your condition from worsening.
Should I Sit Or Stand With A Herniated Disc?
When patients visit our office, they often ask if sitting or standing is better for their back pain. The answer to this question is not completely clear since one is not necessarily better than the other. Some people experience exacerbated pain when they sit for extended periods, but it can be just as painful to stand for long periods. Finding the right balance can help you minimize your pain. Sessions of chiropractor central islip ny can help you find effective ways to improve your condition through stretching, strengthening, and flexibility exercises. Our team can also provide you with ergonomics information to help you improve your posture and work setup to avoid putting excessive strain on your back.
Contact For Chiropractor Central Islip NY
At LI Integrated, we offer a variety of different techniques to help patients dealing with herniated discs. Our staff will evaluate your musculoskeletal system and provide suitable treatment to get you back to what you love. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
What Can Spinal Decompression Therapy Help Me With?
Spinal decompression therapy is a treatment that is often used to stretch the spine in order to relieve pressure on the vertebral discs and promote healing. This therapy is often used by our chiropractors at LI Integrated to treat a variety of painful conditions. The treatment itself can be described as relaxing, as it requires the patient to lay on a traction table that gently stretches the spine. If you're looking for spinal decompression therapy on Long Island, contact us today!
What Does Spinal Decompression Therapy Treat?
Spinal decompression therapy on Long Island treats a variety of painful conditions effectively. Patients suffering from the following conditions may benefit from spinal decompression therapy:
- Herniated disc
- Bulging disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Chronic low back pain
How Does Spinal Decompression Therapy Work?
In a typical treatment session, patients are told to lay down on a traction table where they will be strapped in. The patient is clothed and a strap is placed on the hips. The table moves slowly back and forth, stretching and relaxing the muscles and vertebrae. The idea behind this therapy is that the traction allows the bulging tissue to move back into place and helps to create room for healing nutrients to pass through the spine.
Benefits of Receiving Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Many patients with debilitating back problems choose to treat their conditions with spinal decompression therapy. The reasons for this vary, but for the wide majority of patients, the benefits are as follows:
- Treatments are generally relaxing and painless
- Patients report feeling a stretch in their spine which can be very soothing.
- Treatment does not require anesthetics
- For those that are allergic or sensitive to anesthesia, this treatment is a great alternative to surgery which requires anesthetics.
- Patients who suffer from chemical dependency can find solace in spinal decompression therapy as it requires no drugs to work effectively.
Chiropractor Central Islip NY
If you are interested in learning more about chiropractor central islip ny on Long Island, visit our webpage here for more information.
What Are The Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal decompression is an FDA approved therapy that helps to combat back pain. It has been proven to be effective in reducing back pain and stimulating recovery. It works by gently pressuring the spine to alleviate pressure on the discs. If you are interested in chiropractor central islip ny, contact LI Integrated today to set up a consultation. Our staff has decades of experience and can help facilitate your journey towards recovery.
How Spinal Decompression Therapy Works
Spinal decompression is a non-surgical approach towards treating back pain, and we offer the most up-to-date technological medical devices. With the aid of an expert, your back will undergo mechanical traction to uplift your spine and alleviate pressure built up in between your intervertebral discs. This will help pain secondary to some of the most common causes of back pain.
Conditions Treated By Spinal Decompression Therapy
- Herniated discs
- Ruptured discs
- Bulging discs
- Degenerative discs
- Slipped discs
- Facet syndromes
- Relapse or failure following surgery
How Can Spinal Decompression Therapy Benefit Me?
- Cost-effective - Spinal decompression therapy should not cost you more than medical or surgical management. Depending on the cause of back pain, insurance can also help to cover visits. Making use of spinal decompression over a few sessions is a cost-effective way to make a long-term positive impact on your life.
- Quick-relief -A recent study showed that patients who have suffered from back pain for more than six months saw pain relief after undergoing spinal decompression therapy in as little as eight weeks.
- Pain-free - A spinal decompression table has mechanisms in place to ensure the process is safe and pain-free. This means that the mechanism of traction works little by little over a long course of time, eventually producing effective results.
- Limited medical/surgical side effects - Pain medications have addictive side effects and may cause drowsiness that affects your daily routine. In addition, anti-inflammatory medications can cause stomach ulcers or kidney damage. Surgery, on the other hand, can also have consequences including bleeding and infection. Making use of spinal decompression is a smart way to avoid side effects that can potentially lead to a bigger problem down the road.
Visit Chiropractor Central Islip NY Today!
Contact LI Integrated today so we can determine if you are a candidate for spinal decompression treatment. If you are specifically looking for chiropractor central islip ny , LI Integrated offers flexible hours at a convenient location staffed by experienced professionals. Make your initial appointment online or over the phone today, and take the first step towards living your best life!
How Can Acupuncture Benefit You Today?
When it comes to chiropractic care, there are many different treatment options that a chiropractor can utilize. One technique that a chiropractor can perform that is quite popular with our patients includes using acupuncture. During the procedure, a trained professional will insert small metal needles into specific points in the body. These points tend to be key areas of the body where muscles, nerves, and tissue interact. The inserted needles stimulate these areas, which causes an increase in blood flow to the affected area. The more blood that reaches the affected area, the quicker it will heal.
Benefits of Acupuncture:
- Natural treatment option: One of the most significant qualities of acupuncture is the fact that it naturally treats injuries and conditions. The primary purpose of acupuncture is to stimulate and support the body’s natural healing process. The acupuncture procedure is non-invasive, and there are few if any unintended side effects. These benefits make acupuncture a fantastic alternative to more traditional treatment options such as surgery or pain medication. Depending on the procedure, surgery can have long recovery periods. As for pain medication, there is often a risk of developing an addition. Both of these problems are non-existent with acupuncture.
- Few Risks: For most people, acupuncture is a safe procedure. The needles will not cause pain as they are small and thin. Some people do not feel the needles at all. At the same time, there will not be a long recovery period after the procedure is complete.
However, there are a few factors that could put a patient at risk for complications. You should avoid acupuncture if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You have a blood disorder or are taking blood thinners
- You are currently pregnant
- You have an internal electrical device such as a pacemaker.
It can treat many different conditions: For thousands of years, acupuncture has been used to treat a wide range of injuries and conditions. Some of the health benefits of acupuncture can range from pain relief to eliminating muscle tension throughout the body. Some of the injuries and conditions that acupuncture can treat include the following:
- Muscle spasms
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Labor Pain
- Dental pain
- High Blood pressure
- Neck Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
In the end, acupuncture can be extremely beneficial for our patients. From the number of conditions that it can treat to the lack of any substantial risks, acupuncture can be a great alternative to more traditional treatment options.
Chiropractic Treatment for Sinus Infections
What is a Sinus Infection?
Sinuses are hollow cavities in the facial bone of the human skull located above the brow, bridge of the nose, and beneath the cheekbones. These hollow cavities on the facial bone are lined with different mucous membranes, which provide moisture to the sinus cavity. The main purpose of the sinus cavity is to moisturize and filter the air we inhale. These hollow cavities are connected to the nasal passage of the nose. While you may not know this, our Chiropractor Central Islip NY at LI Integrated can treat your condition and get your sinuses feeling better!
Sinus infections of the nasal passages and sinuses could be caused by either bacterial, viral, or fungal infection. Sinus infections could also be caused by allergies or irritation of the sinus cavity. This infection results in the inflammation of the sinus cavity, causing the cavity to be swollen and tender due to retention of fluid in these areas. Sinus infections are referred to as sinusitis. Symptoms of this infection could range from mild to severe, with signs of headaches, coughing, sore throat, nasal congestion, and discharge. Other symptoms may include a feeling of heaviness or pressure on one side of the head, in the eyes, nose or cheeks. If a sinus infection is left untreated, it can lead to more complicated and serious conditions.
Sinus infections can be classified based on the persistence of the symptoms. They include:
- Acute: acute sinusitis is a type of sinus infection that takes hold fast and lasts for up to 10 to 14 days.
- Chronic: this type of infection last for eight weeks or longer. This is mostly caused by a bacteria or fungi.
- Recurrent: a patient is said to have recurrent sinusitis infection when they manifest the symptoms of this infection several times in a year.
What Causes a Sinus Infection?
- Germ invasion: sinus infections are the result of germs, like bacteria, fungi, and viruses, infecting and multiplying in a person’s sinus cavity. This infection generally takes place when the cavity becomes filled with mucus that cannot drain normally into the nasal cavity. Inflammation of the sinuses even results them becoming more blocked. These warm and damp conditions would provide a perfect breeding ground for these germs. Infection begins in the sinuses when these germs begin to reproduce.
- Allergies: the human body reacts to allergies the same way it reacts to the invasion of germs. The immune system will attack these irritants, such as pollens or dust, by increasing the production of mucus or sneezing. This leaves the individual defenseless against different germs that will initiate sinusitis infection.
- Facial morphology and lifestyle: most people are predisposed to developing sinusitis because of the shape of their sinuses and other qualities. On the other hand, certain lifestyles like smoking might render an individual susceptible to sinus infection. Smoking might not directly lead to sinusitis, but the smoke generated will irritate the nasal cavity and cause a sinus infection.
Risk Factors For Sinusitis Infection
Certain individuals are more susceptible to sinusitis infection than others due to certain factors which could facilitate the manifestation of the infection. Examples include:
- Compromised immune system
- Facial trauma or deformity
- Severe seasonal allergies
- Exposure to irritants
- Nasal polyps
- Chiropractic treatment for Sinus infection
Chiropractor Central Islip NY
Our Chiropractor Central Islip NY at LI Integrated primarily treats subluxations to ensure an optimally performing nervous system. In cases of cranial bone misalignment, we can correct this by performing a specific nasal technique called sinus adjustment. This type of treatment deals with sinus drainage techniques, such as cranial and facial bone adjustments, as well as lymphatic pump drainage techniques, which teach you how to self-stretch your sinuses. This can be done by pulling the cheeks outward in different positions around the head. LI Integrated Central Islip NY has proven this technique to be effective. These techniques aim at relieving blockage, aligning the nasal pathways, and relieving the built-up pressure inside the head, which will ensure the cerebrospinal fluid flows easily inside the skull. We recommend supplementary therapy, which can be done at home, as part of the rehabilitation process. These therapies include the application of a warm or cold compress to the facial regions that are hurting from the sinus infection. This will help relieve the pressure put on the nervous system, which can hinder the optimal functioning of the body. At LI Integrated, we have been treating our clients’ issues and conditions for years with professionalism and unconditional care. If you’d like to conquer your allergies, contact our Chiropractor Central Islip NY today!
Discover Quality Chiropractic Care at LI Integrated Chiropractor in Central Islip, NY
Are you searching for a reliable chiropractor near Central Islip, NY, in suffolk county who can address your health concerns with expert care and attention? Look no further than LI Integrated Chiropractor. Our dedicated team of chiropractic professionals is committed to providing top-notch chiropractic care to patients in and around Central Islip, NY. Whether you're dealing with neck pain, sports injuries, or chronic back discomfort, our chiropractic services aim to improve your overall health and well-being. Make an appointment with our wellness team doctor today at (631) 738 9539.
Why Choose LI Integrated Chiropractor?
At LI Integrated Chiropractor, we prioritize the health and satisfaction of our patients. Here are some reasons why our clinic is worth considering for your chiropractic needs:
1. Comprehensive Chiropractic Care: Our chiropractors diagnose and treat a wide range of health issues, including neck pain, spinal alignment, and auto accident injuries. Whether you're experiencing discomfort from an accident or dealing with chronic back and neck pain, or pain management our chiropractors are trained to diagnose and treat various musculoskeletal conditions.
2. Patient-Centered Approach: We believe in providing patient-centered care, focusing on your specific needs and concerns. Our chiropractors take the time to understand your health history, symptoms, and lifestyle to design personalized treatment plans that address the root cause of your condition.
3. State-of-the-Art Technology: LI Integrated Chiropractor stays up-to-date with the latest advancements in chiropractic technology and techniques. From manual adjustments to the use of advanced equipment, our clinic ensures that you receive the most effective and efficient care possible.
4. Expert and Caring Staff: Our team of chiropractors and healthcare professionals are highly skilled and genuinely caring. We create a warm and friendly environment where you can feel comfortable and supported throughout your healing journey.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain and Sports Injuries
Neck pain can be caused by factors such as poor posture, muscle strain, or even underlying medical conditions. At LI Integrated Chiropractor, our experienced chiropractors specialize in providing hands-on physical therapy and spinal adjustments to realign the spine and alleviate tension in the neck muscles. We focus on correcting the root cause of the pain to ensure long-term relief and improved neck mobility.
Treating Sports Injuries with Chiropractic Care
Sports injuries can be particularly challenging for athletes and active individuals. At LI Integrated Chiropractor, our chiropractors are skilled in diagnosing and treating sports-related injuries, including shoulder and knee pain. We use a combination of chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and rehabilitation exercises to help you recover and return to your sport or physical activities as quickly and safely as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiropractic Care
What Conditions Can Chiropractic Care Help Treat? Chiropractic care can address a wide range of conditions, including back pain, neck pain, sciatica, headaches, and auto accident injuries.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe? Yes, chiropractic care is considered safe when administered by trained professionals. At LI Integrated Chiropractor, our chiropractors are licensed and experienced in providing safe and effective treatments.
How Long Will I Need Chiropractic Treatment? The duration of chiropractic treatment varies based on the severity of your condition and your response to treatment. Our chiropractors will develop a personalized treatment plan to address your specific needs and goals.
Will My Insurance Cover Chiropractic Care? Many insurance plans cover chiropractic care, but coverage may vary. At LI Integrated Chiropractor, we work with major insurance providers to ensure you receive the necessary care.
LI Integrated | Chiropractor Central Islip NY
If you're in Central Islip, NY, and seeking quality chiropractic care, LI Integrated chiropractic office is here to help. Our patient-centered approach, expert staff, and comprehensive chiropractic services make us a trusted partner in your journey towards better health. From alleviating neck pain to treating sports injuries, our chiropractors are dedicated to addressing your specific health concerns and providing effective solutions. Don't let discomfort and pain hold you back from living your best life. Schedule an appointment with LI Integrated Chiropractor today and experience the difference of personalized chiropractic care. Request an appointment with our dc team today!