Lower Back Pain Treatment in Ronkonkoma
Whether you have suffered an injury in a car accident or have a degenerative disease, lower back pain can be crippling. If you are suffering from lower back pain, we offer treatment here at LI Integrated. Muscles in the lower part of the back are responsible for rotating and flexing the hips while walking. Those same muscles also support the spinal column. Injuries to the joints, discs, ligaments, or muscles can result in acute low back pain. Severe pain can result from inflammation which may prompt immediate treatment. Whether your low back pain is acute or chronic, our team can help you properly treat it.
Causes and Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Acute back pain usually starts suddenly and may last for several days or weeks. This is usually a result of tissue damage or injury. As the body heals, the pain will begin to subside. Acute lower back pain is usually caused by poor posture or minor strains in the body. Subacute lower back pain can last anywhere between 6 weeks to 3 months. It is described as mechanical pain but is usually prolonged. Chronic back pain is when pain lasts longer than 3 months. It is usually severe pain and does not respond to treatments at first. This type of back pain requires medical follow-ups to determine the pain source.
Chronic lower back pain usually involves a disc problem, joint issue, or an irritated nerve root. Other causes of chronic lower back pain are degenerative disc disease, facet joint dysfunction, spinal stenosis, deformity, or trauma. Arthritis could also affect your lower back and cause pain. This condition specifically causes the joints in your back to swell. If you are suffering from lower back pain, you may be experiencing symptoms like:
- Dull or achy pain that is directed in the lower back
- Burning or stinging pain that radiates from the lower back to the back of the thighs
- Tightness and muscle spasms in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Pain that worsens with standing or sitting over a long period of time
- Not being able to stand up straight, or difficulty with walking
Chiropractic care is highly beneficial for patients that are dealing with lower back pain. There is an enhanced long-term outcome with chiropractic care. Every patient's treatment plan will differ according to their issues and activity tolerance. Chiropractic care to treat lower back pain usually consists of:
- Spinal manipulation and manual manipulation- This is a high-velocity type of manipulation that works to improve the function and range of motion in the back. This type of treatment should be included early on in the patient's care plan.
- Mobilization- This type of treatment is known as chiropractic mobilization and promotes the use of low-velocity manipulation. It works to stretch the muscles and joints. The main goal of this treatment is to increase the range of motion within these areas.
Contact Us for an Appointment
Schedule an appointment with our team at LI Integrated, so we can help you find relief from your lower back pain. Offering a combination of chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy, our clinic will create a customized plan that works best for patients in and around the Ronkonkoma area. Contact us at (631) 738 9539 to find out how we can help you live pain-free.