Welcome To LI Integrated Chiropractor Near Islandia NY
LI Integrated Chiropractor Near Islandia NY has focused on improving the health and minds of Ronkonkoma residents since 1985. Everyone wants to live a healthy, pain-free life which is why our wellness center here at LI Integrated located in Ronkonkoma, New York provides safe and effective treatment options that will get your body and mind back to its normal state holistically. Our dedicated staff ensures that you will leave each session one step closer to a pain-free life. Our goal here at LI Integrated is to take you back to that pain-free state and healthy lifestyle that you have been missing. Through our many services offered, each is tailored to fit the needs of each and every patient. We accept a majority of insurance plans and medicare that can help with sports injuries and neck pain. We work to get them back to that desired pain-free state and help them reach their health goals. Contact us for a Chiropractor Near Islandia today!
Chiropractic Care for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Defining Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Think back to a time when your foot fell asleep and you tried to get up and walk on it. The pins and needles you experience when this happens is a very uncomfortable feeling. Now imagine having that feeling again, but instead of your foot having pins and needles, you have that feeling in your hands and arms. If you believe you have carpal tunnel and are in need of a good chiropractor in islandia to give you treatment, LI Integrated is a perfect choice as we accept new patients.
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Before discussing how to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s important to understand what causes this condition and what makes it worse. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by too much pressure on the body’s median nerve. This pressure overload can disrupt the flow of blood and lead to swelling. Factors that increase the chances of having and worsening carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- Performing actions that require heavy involvement of the wrist - the median nerve is connected to many different parts of your hand and wrist. By constantly, using your wrist you may overextend it, which would add more pressure to the median nerve
- Wrist Injury - A sprain or fracture can disrupt the joint alignment and increase pressure on the median nerve
- Any type of condition that increases fluid retention includes pregnancy, diabetes, etc.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is not something that just goes away on its own and if it’s not treated properly, the condition may worsen over time. In order, to prevent the condition from progressing, receiving treatment from a chiropractor can help. Chiropractor near islandia, LI integrated, uses highly efficient techniques to put its patients at ease.
How Can Chiropractic Care Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Chiropractors are an effective way to treat carpal tunnel without the use of drugs or surgery. In order to treat the condition, a chiropractor must first run tests to get a better idea of what they’re dealing with. From there, they will devise a treatment plan that usually consists of exercises that reduce pain and increase strength, massaging/manipulating the wrist and arm, etc.
How Can LI Integrated Help With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be a painful and difficult condition to live with. Instead of living with discomfort, let a chiropractor near Islandia, Long Island integrated, help you. LI Integrated provides the information necessary for patients to manage carpal tunnel syndrome, shows patients corrective exercises personalized for them, and offers massage therapy to reduce swelling. Call now to book your appointment today!
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
If you are a headache sufferer, you are not alone. 9 out of 10 Americans say that they get headaches whether it be regularly or every once in a while. While it’s easy to dismiss your headaches by taking a few over-the-counter pain relievers and waiting for it to go away, it’s important and better for you to get a more lasting solution if you suffer from chronic headache pain. A chiropractic adjustment might be just what you need to help you manage your headaches. A chiropractor near Islandia can help you get the proper care you are looking for. At LI Integrated, get the best care and attention from our staff of experienced chiropractors who are eager to help you get to a life of less stress and pain due to chronic headaches.
What Type of Headache Are You Dealing With?:
There are different types of headaches that you could be suffering from. Chiropractors often want to understand what kinds of headaches you get to provide you with the proper treatment. Here are the types of headaches you could be dealing with:
- Cervicogenic Headaches typically consist of one-sided pain that starts in the neck and moves forward to the front of your head. There could also be neck, arm, or shoulder pain when dealing with this type of headache.
- Cluster Headaches - These are usually one-sided as well and are called “cluster” headaches because they usually recur multiple times in one day or more and then disappear for up to months at a time.
- Tension Headaches - These occur due to prolonged tension and strain in the neck. They can be caused by stress, poor posture, or downwards at a screen for too long.
- Migraines - Migraines are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light or sound, and intense head pain. Take medicine if needed.
How a Chiropractor Near Islandia Can Help You:
There are several methods a chiropractor could use to help you treat your headaches. Here are some of those treatments:
- Spinal Manipulation - Your chiropractor will use their hands or a device to adjust the upper part of your spine by applying force to the area. You will likely hear and feel a pop when the pressure is applied.
- Spinal Mobilization - Lighter and more gentle pressure is applied to stretch out the spine and improve joint function to relieve joint and muscle tension.
- Neuromuscular Massage - This massage focuses on certain joints in the back, neck, head, and shoulders that can help ease tension.
- Neck Flexion Exercises - Under the guidance of your chiropractor, you will move your muscles and joints to ultimately stretch out your neck flexor muscles that support your neck.
For more questions or care, we suggest you see a chiropractor near Islandia. At LI Integrated, you can receive the best care in chiropractic treatment for your chronic headaches. The chiropractor providers at LI Integrated are eager to give you the best treatment to help you live a more pain-free life without the stress of chronic headaches and severe pain. Contact us for more information on how we can help you at our islandia location for low back pain. Leave us a review rating on our Google healthcare platform. Find a chiropractor near you today!
Can a Chiropractor Treat a Pinched Nerve?
Are you suffering from the pain of a pinched nerve? LI Integrated can help! Pinched nerves can occur from the surrounding tissue placing too much pressure on the nerve causing pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness. Our chiropractor near Holbrook can offer you pain relief from a pinched nerve through various treatments, and we're here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or call our phone number for dc rehabilitation!
Treating A Pinched Nerve:
- At-home treatments- Depending on the severity of the pinched nerve, at-home treatments may help reduce the pain and lead to recovery. Some examples are everyday treatments like rest, changing your posture, stretching, and over-the-counter medications. However, a chiropractor will help you recover from a pinched nerve by offering professional treatments, so it is essential to contact a doctor if the pain worsens or does not go away.
- Spinal Adjustments- Spinal adjustments are performed by chiropractors and are a controlled quick pressure applied to a spinal joint by a hand or small instrument. This is done to improve the motion of the spine and overall function of the body, such as fixing a pinched nerve.
- Heat/Cold Therapy- Heat and cold therapy can be done by applying cold to reduce inflammation and then heat treatment to promote blood flow and muscle relaxation. Alternating between the two can help reduce the pain of a pinched nerve.
- Stretching and Exercise- Stretching and exercise can be done to help your pinched nerve recover and have the body feeling and working back to normal.
Click here to learn more about how chiropractors can help pinched nerves, and contact our chiropractor near Holbrook for help!
Contact Chiropractor Near Holbrook Today!
If you are experiencing symptoms such as pain in the neck, lower back, shoulders, or legs, pain radiates and travels down an arm or leg, tingling, numbness, burning, or weakness in limbs, you may be suffering from a pinched nerve. Contact our chiropractor near Holbrook, LI Integrated, for treatments to help relieve the pain. It is essential to seek treatment to heal and ensure that the pain does not worsen. Contact us to make an appointment today!
Chiropractic for Herniated Disc
What is a Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc occurs when there is a problem with one of the discs, also referred to as a “rubbery cushion,” that is located between each vertebra in your spine. These discs have a thick exterior shell which is filled with a jelly-like substance. When the exterior is ripped or torn, the jelly seeps out of the cushion and causes discomfort and pain. This is called a torn or slipped disc. In most cases, surgery is not needed for a herniated disc but instead, chiropractic care is prescribed. Our chiropractor near Holbrook at LI Integrated is the person you can put your trust in to give you the care and treatment you need.
Common Causes and Symptoms
- Incorrectly handling large, heavy objects - Lifting with your back instead of squatting and using your legs as leverage can result in spinal injuries and strains to your muscles. Practice safely carrying objects or if they’re too heavy, ask for help.
- Disk degeneration - As you age, so do your discs. As time carries on, the disc weakens and become more prone to tears and slips.
- Twisting awkwardly during physical activity - A sudden turn in the vertebrae can tear the disc's outer layer, resulting in a herniated disc.
- Being overweight - Having excess weight can put extra, unwanted pressure on your joints and spine. As a result, injuries can become a regular occurrence if weight isn’t taken care of.
- Weakness in the back
- Pain in the lower back area, both legs, and into the feet (sciatica)
- Numbness/tingling sensation
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor near Holbrook will evaluate your injury and create a plan to ensure that you properly recover. After going through an extensive physical exam, our staff can administer several different treatment options to treat your condition:
- Spinal manipulation
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Flexion-distraction technique
- Pelvic blocking techniques
Herniated discs are something you shouldn’t wait to rectify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that have been discussed, do not hesitate to contact LI Integrated today. Make an appointment and change your life for the better!
What Triggers Sciatic Nerve Pain
Sciatic nerve pain can be debilitating, affecting your ability to work and enjoy everyday activities. If you're experiencing pain, seeking professional help from a chiropractor near Islandia is important. Here's what you need to know about the causes and treatments for sciatic nerve pain.
What is Sciatic Nerve Pain?
The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, running from the lower back down to the feet. Sciatic nerve pain is caused by compression or irritation of this nerve, leading to a range of symptoms, including:
- Sharp pain in the lower back or leg
- Numbness or tingling in the leg or foot
- Weakness in the leg or foot
- Difficulty moving the leg or foot
What Causes Sciatic Nerve Pain?
There are several factors that can trigger sciatic nerve pain, including:
- Herniated Discs: When the discs in the spinal column become damaged or misaligned, they can press against the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: This is a disorder that affects the spinal column, narrowing the space around the spinal cord and nerves.
- Piriformis Syndrome occurs when the piriformis muscle, located in the buttock, spasms and compresses the sciatic nerve.
- Traumatic: Injuries to the back, tendon, ligament, and bone such as a car accident or fall, can damage the sciatic nerve and cause pain. Our specialty d.c can help with the stimulation diagnose to your pain.
How is Sciatic Nerve Pain Treated?
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to treat sciatic nerve pain. At our chiropractor near Islandia, we offer a wide variety of treatments, including:
- Spinal Adjustment: A procedure that realigns the spine, reducing pressure on the sciatic nerve. Our Dr
- Physical Therapy: Exercises and stretches to improve function and reduce pain.
- Acupuncture: A procedure that stimulates the nervous system, reducing pain and promoting healing.
- Pain Management: Medications and other therapies to relieve pain and improve quality of life.
In addition to these treatments, our chiropractor will work with you to address any underlying conditions, such as arthritis or spinal disorders, that may be affecting your sciatic nerve. Don't let sciatic nerve pain disrupt your life. If you're experiencing symptoms, contact our chiropractor near Smithtown to schedule a consultation and begin your journey to pain-free living.
Find a Chiropractor in Islandia New York Today!