Chiropractic Care for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Defining Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Think back to a time when your foot fell asleep and you tried to get up and walk on it. The pins and needles you experience when this happens is a very uncomfortable feeling. Now imagine having that feeling again, but instead of your foot having pins and needles, you have that feeling in your hands and arms. If you believe you have carpal tunnel and are in need of a good chiropractor near islandia to give you treatment, LI Integrated is the perfect choice.
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Before discussing how to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s important to understand what causes this condition and what makes it worse. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by too much pressure on the body’s median nerve. This pressure overload can disrupt the flow of blood and lead to swelling. Factors that increase the chances of having and worsening carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- Performing actions that require heavy involvement of the wrist - the median nerve is connected to many different parts of your hand and wrist. By constantly, using your wrist you may overextend it, which would add more pressure to the median nerve
- Wrist Injury - A sprain or fracture can disrupt the joint alignment and increase pressure on the median nerve
- Any type of condition that increases fluid retention - These conditions include pregnancy, diabetes, etc.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is not something that just goes away on its own and if it’s not treated properly, the condition may worsen over time. In order, to prevent the condition from progressing, receiving treatment from a chiropractor can help. Chiropractor near islandia , LI integrated, uses highly efficient techniques to put its patients at ease.
How Can Chiropractic Care Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Chiropractors are an effective way to treat carpal tunnel without the use of drugs or surgery. In order to treat the condition, a chiropractor must first run tests to get a better idea of what they’re dealing with. From there, they will come up with a treatment plan that usually consists of the following: exercises that reduce pain and increase strength, massaging/manipulating the wrist and arm, etc.
How Can LI Integrated Help With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be a painful and difficult condition to live with. Instead of living with discomfort, let a chiropractor near islandia , LI integrated, help you. LI Integrated provides the information necessary for patients to manage carpal tunnel syndrome, shows patients corrective exercises personalized for them, and offers massage therapy to reduce swelling. Call now to book your appointment today!
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
If you are a headache sufferer, you are not alone. 9 out of 10 Americans say that they get headaches whether it be regularly or every once in a while. While it’s easy to dismiss your headaches by taking a few over-the-counter pain relievers and waiting for it to go away, it’s important and better for you to get a more lasting solution if you suffer from chronic headache pain. A chiropractic adjustment might be just what you need to help you manage your headaches. A chiropractor near Islandia can help you get the proper care you are looking for. At LI Integrated, get the best care and attention from our staff of experienced chiropractors who are eager to help you get to a life of less stress and pain due to chronic headaches.
What Type of Headache Are You Dealing With?:
There are different types of headaches that you could be suffering from. Chiropractors often want to understand what kinds of headaches you get to provide you with the proper treatment. Here are the types of headaches you could be dealing with:
- Cervicogenic Headaches - These typically consist of one-sided pain that starts in the neck and moves forward to the front of your head. There could also be neck, arm, or shoulder pain when dealing with this type of headache.
- Cluster Headaches - These are usually one-sided as well and are called “cluster” headaches because they usually recur multiple times in one day or more and then disappear for up to months at a time.
- Tension Headaches - These occur due to prolonged tension and strain in the neck. They can be caused by stress, poor posture, or downwards at a screen for too long.
- Migraines - Migraines are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light or sound along with intense head pain.
How a Chiropractor Near Islandia Can Help You:
There are several methods a chiropractor could use to help you treat your headaches. Here are some of those treatments:
- Spinal Manipulation - Your chiropractor will use their hands or a device to adjust the upper part of your spine by applying force to the area. You will likely hear and feel a pop when the pressure is applied.
- Spinal Mobilization - Lighter and more gentle pressure is applied to stretch out the spine and improve joint function to relieve tension in the joints and muscles.
- Neuromuscular Massage - This is a massage that focuses on certain joints in the back, neck, head, and shoulders that can help to ease tension.
- Neck Flexion Exercises - Under the guidance of your chiropractor, you will move your muscles and joints to ultimately stretch out your neck flexor muscles that support your neck.
For more questions or care, we suggest you see a chiropractor near Islandia. At LI Integrated, you can receive the best care in chiropractic treatment for your chronic headaches. The chiropractors at LI Integrated are eager to give you the best treatment to help you live a more pain-free life without the stress of chronic headaches and severe pain. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.
Can a Chiropractor Treat a Pinched Nerve?
Are you suffering from the pain of a pinched nerve? LI Integrated can help! Pinched nerves can occur from the surrounding tissue placing too much pressure on the nerve causing pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness. Our chiropractor near Holbrook can offer you pain relief from a pinched nerve through various treatments, and we're here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Treating A Pinched Nerve:
- At-home treatments- Depending on the severity of the pinched nerve, at-home treatments may help reduce the pain and lead to recovery. Everyday treatments like rest, changing your posture, stretching, and over-the-counter medications are a few examples. However, a chiropractor will help you recover from a pinched nerve by offering professional treatments, so it is essential to contact a doctor if the pain worsens or does not go away.
- Spinal Adjustments- Spinal adjustments are performed by chiropractors and are a controlled quick pressure applied to a spinal joint by a hand or small instrument. This is done to improve the motion of the spine and overall function of the body, such as fixing a pinched nerve.
- Heat/Cold Therapy- Using heat and cold therapy can be done by applying cold to reduce inflammation and then heat treatment to promote blood flow and relaxation to the muscles. Alternating between the two can help reduce the pain of a pinched nerve.
- Stretching and Exercise- Stretching and exercise can be done to help your pinched nerve recover and have the body feeling and working back to normal.
Click here to learn more about how chiropractors can help pinched nerves, and contact our chiropractor near Holbrook for help!
Contact Chiropractor Near Holbrook Today!
If you are experiencing symptoms such as pain in the neck, lower back, shoulders, or legs, pain radiates and travels down an arm or leg, tingling, numbness, burning, or weakness in limbs, you may be suffering from a pinched nerve. Contact our chiropractor near Holbrook, LI Integrated, for treatments to help relieve the pain. It is essential to seek treatment to heal and ensure that the pain does not worsen. Contact us to make an appointment today!
Chiropractic for Herniated Disc
What is a Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc occurs when there is a problem with one of the discs, also referred to as a “rubbery cushion,” that is located between each vertebra in your spine. These discs have a thick exterior shell which is filled with a jelly-like substance. When the exterior is ripped or torn, the jelly seeps out of the cushion and causes discomfort and pain. This is called a torn or slipped disc. In most cases, surgery is not needed for a herniated disc but instead, chiropractic care is prescribed. Our chiropractor near Holbrook at LI Integrated is the person you can put your trust in to give you the care and treatment you need.
Common Causes and Symptoms
- Incorrectly handling large, heavy objects - Lifting with your back instead of squatting and using your legs as leverage can result in spinal injuries and strains to your muscles. Practice safely carrying objects or if they’re too heavy, ask for help.
- Disk degeneration - As you age, so do your discs. As time carries on, the disc weakens and become more prone to tears and slips.
- Twisting awkwardly during physical activity - A sudden turn in the vertebrae can tear the outer layer of the disc and result in a herniated disc.
- Being overweight - Having excess weight can put extra, unwanted pressure on your joints and spine. As a result, injuries can become a regular occurrence if weight isn’t taken care of.
- Weakness in the back
- Pain in the lower back area, both legs, and into the feet (sciatica)
- Numbness/tingling sensation
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor near Holbrook will evaluate your injury and create a plan to ensure that you properly recover. After going through an extensive physical exam, our staff can administer several different treatment options to treat your condition:
- Spinal manipulation
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Flexion-distraction technique
- Pelvic blocking techniques
Herniated discs are something you shouldn’t wait to rectify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that have been discussed, do not hesitate to contact LI Integrated today. Make an appointment and change your life for the better!