Welcome To LI Integrated Physical Therapy Central Islip NY
LI Integrated has focused on improving the health and minds of Ronkonkoma residents since 1985. Everyone wants to live a healthy, pain free life which is why our wellness center here at LI Integrated located in Ronkonkoma, New York provides safe and effective treatment options that will get your body and mind back to its normal state holistically. Our dedicated staff ensures you that you will leave each session, one step closer to a pain free life. Our goal here at LI Integrated is to take you back to that pain free state and healthy lifestyle that you have been missing. Through our many services offered, each is tailored to fit the needs of each and every patient. We work to get them back to that desired pain free state and help them reach their health goals. Contact us for Physical Therapy Central Islip NY today!
How Can Spinal Decompression Help You?
Did you know that lower back is one of the most common causes of disability in people under 45 years old? If you are suffering, luckily there are plenty of treatment options for you to explore. Spinal decompression therapy is a groundbreaking FDA approved therapy, great for those looking for relief but wanting to avoid surgery. The treatment is completely painless. In fact, many people find it to be quite relaxing. Visit physical therapy central islip ny today!
What is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a type of motorized traction that gently stretches the spine, changing its position. This shift takes the pressure off of the spinal discs, which is often the cause of back/spine pain and creates negative pressure causing herniated or bulging discs to return to their natural state. This results in the elimination of stress on your nerves and promotes the flow of oxygen, water, and nutrients to the disc, facilitating healing. Visit our website to learn more about the specific machine (DRX9000) that we use in our office.
Is Spinal Decompression Right for Me?
- If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you may benefit greatly from spinal decompression therapy:Degenerative disk disease
- Herniated disk
- Bulging disk
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Cervical and lumbar compression syndrome
- Facet syndromes
How Much Does This Cost?
At LI Integrated, most insurance companies will pay the majority of spinal decompression. We accept all forms of insurance and are providers for Medicare and most insurances. Our goal is always to provide our patients with the most affordable treatment possible. For this reason, we offer zero-interest payment plans and other arrangements to best accommodate all patients. Learn more about our payment options here.
Where Can I Receive Spinal Decompression Therapy?
We offer this revolutionary treatment at LI Integrated in Suffolk County because it is cost-effective, safe, and most importantly comfortable for our patients. Think you may be a good candidate? Give us a call today to schedule your FREE consultation and MRI review! You’ll also meet with a patient care coordinator who will review your insurance coverage and inform you of any out-of-pocket costs that may be required. We look forward to helping you get back to doing the things you love. Contact physical therapy central islip ny today!
Contact LI Integrated For Physical Therapy Central Islip NY
Spinal Decompression Treatment: How We Can Help You
One of the most common types of pain people experience is back pain. A recent study from The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke said that around 80 percent of people experience lower back pain at some point in their lives. It can affect someone’s ability to work, affect their emotions, and can even cause depression. For a non-surgical approach for treating back pain, try physical therapy central islip ny at Long Island Integrated.
Why Should You Choose Spinal Decompression Treatment?
It’s important that you take good care of your spine, as it plays a crucial role in your health. Benefits of spinal decompression therapy include the following: No surgery - Spinal surgery is very risky and can result in nerve damage, infection, and more. By choosing spinal decompression therapy, you don’t have to worry about any of those complications. Stretches the spine and relieves pressure on disks - By doing this, the body is able to receive more nutrients for healing purposes
What is The Spinal Decompression Treatment Process?
The spinal decompression process is not a one-treatment cures all process. In order to effectively decompress the spine, multiple treatments will be necessary. Luckily, the treatments themselves take less than an hour. In order to perform the treatment, you will lay on a specialized table. One of our physicians will then adjusts the table to your needs and allow the spinal decompression equipment decompress your spine. LI Integrated’s physical therapy central islip ny is FDA cleared to help decompress your spine.
Other treatment options that may happen along with spinal decompression are the following:
- Electrical Stimulation - this treatment can be used for the prevention of muscle atrophy as a result of injury from joint/bone pain.
- Heat/Cold Therapy - heat therapy allows for increased relaxation of the muscles and better blood flow. Cold therapy helps reduce swelling, inflammation, and helps repair tissue
- Ultrasounds - similar to other therapies, ultrasound treatment is great for increasing blood flow and reducing swelling from the original injury.
How Can LI Integrated Physical Therapy Central Islip NY Help?
Lower back pain can really affect a person’s life. Instead of constantly being brought down by your back pain, let us help. LI Integrated possesses some of the top spinal decompression therapy out there for treating our patients' back problem needs. Say goodbye to your back pain and book a spinal decompression appointment today!
Chiropractic for Herniated Disc
What is a Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc occurs when there is a problem with one of the discs, also referred to as a “rubbery cushion,” that is located between each vertebra in your spine. These discs have a thick exterior shell which is filled with a jelly-like substance. When the exterior is ripped or torn, the jelly seeps out of the cushion and causes discomfort and pain. This is called a torn or slipped disc. In most cases, surgery is not needed for a herniated disc but instead, chiropractic care is prescribed. Physical therapy central islip ny at LI Integrated is the person you can put your trust in to give you the care and treatment you need.
Common Causes and Symptoms
- Incorrectly handling large, heavy objects - Lifting with your back instead of squatting and using your legs as leverage can result in spinal injuries and strains to your muscles. Practice safely carrying objects or if they’re too heavy, ask for help.
- Disk degeneration - As you age, so do your discs. As time carries on, the disc weakens and become more prone to tears and slips.
- Twisting awkwardly during physical activity - A sudden turn in the vertebrae can tear the outer layer of the disc and result in a herniated disc.
- Being overweight - Having excess weight can put extra, unwanted pressure on your joints and spine. As a result, injuries can become a regular occurrence if weight isn’t taken care of.
- Weakness in the back
- Pain in the lower back area, both legs, and into the feet (sciatica)
- Numbness/tingling sensation
How a Chiropractor Can Help
At physical therapy central islip ny will evaluate your injury and create a plan to ensure that you properly recover. After going through an extensive physical exam, our staff can administer several different treatment options to treat your condition:
- Spinal manipulation
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Flexion-distraction technique
- Pelvic blocking techniques
Herniated discs are something you shouldn’t wait to rectify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that have been discussed, do not hesitate to contact LI Integrated today. Make an appointment and change your life for the better! Visit physical therapy central islip ny today.
Do You Suffer From Severe Back Pain?
Do you experience quick bursts of pain in your lower back and/or legs that is only relieved by sitting down or leaning over? It is likely that you have spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis occurs when the spaces between vertebrae that make up the spinal cord become narrowed. Narrowing of these spaces can lead to pressure on nerves running from your spine to your arms and legs. Depending on the location of the narrowing, it can create pain, numbness, cramping, or weakness in the lower back, arms, legs, neck, and shoulders. Although there is technically no cure for spinal stenosis, there are many things that can be done for relief. If you have recently been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, Connetquot Chiropractic is a great place to start your treatment. At Connetquot Chiropractic, we offer a unique physical therapy central islip ny that has been proven to have amazing results when it comes to relieving back pain.
Some people are simply born with a small spinal canal. But, more often than not, spinal stenosis is a result of changes in the body related to aging or something happening to narrow the spines open spaces.
Common Risk Factors Include:
- Being over the age of 50
- Herniated disk
- Bone overgrowth
- Thickened ligaments
- Spinal injuries
- Medical conditions: spinal tumors, Paget's disease
It is common for people with spinal stenosis to not experience any symptoms, even if there is evidence of the condition on an MRI or a CT scan. However, when symptoms do occur, they only get worse, so it is important to seek immediate treatment.
Seek Treatment If You Are Experiencing:
- Numbness/weakness in hands, arms, feet, or legs
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty balancing
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Bowel or bladder dysfunction (severe)
It is important to seek treatment for spinal stenosis sooner rather than later. If pushed off, the pain will only worsen and simple tasks may become impossible.
Common Forms of Treatment Include:
- Exercise - can help to build strength in weakened areas and help improve balance, walking ability, movement, and help to ease the pain.
- Medications - over-the-counter pain relievers can be useful in relieving pain and muscle spasms.
- Cortisone Injections - injections into the area around the spinal cord can be used for temporary relief.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy - a non-surgical method that works to relieve pressure on nerves that cause pain by decompressing the space between the bones.
Contact Physical Therapy Central Islip NY
If you are interested in relieving your constant back pain caused by spinal stenosis, you should look into physical therapy central islip ny. Specifically, Connetquot Chiropractic is a renowned location for this type of treatment. With this non-surgical method, you will be back to yourself in no time. This specific treatment has been described to be so painless that many patients fall asleep during it. Patients also describe the spinal decompression treatment received at Connetquot Chiropractic to be extremely effective and helpful. Physical therapy central islip ny has been shown to have miraculous results where all other therapies have failed or have been insufficient. If you are looking for a quick, easy, and nearly painless way to get relief for your chronic back pain, contact the professionals at Connetquot Chiropractic today.
Chiropractic Care for a Herniated Disk
A herniated disk is an issue of the disks between the bones of the individual vertebrae that make up the spine. The disks between the vertebrae are supposed to act as a cushion to relieve pressure from the spine. These disks are essentially little sacks with soft centers. A herniated disk occurs when the softer interior pushes through the exterior.
A herniated disk usually aggravates nearby nerves. The symptoms found are usually pain and numbness or weakness in either an arm or leg. With that said, many people suffering from a herniated disk do not necessarily need surgery to correct the problem.
If you are looking for an alternative to surgery, look no further than an experienced chiropractor! A chiropractor can provide you with various stretches, exercises, and other treatment options to relieve some of the pain naturally.
On the first visit, the chiropractor will gather your medical history and do a physical exam. This is to test things such as reflexes, the strength of your muscles, or any loss of feeling. Following these tests, the chiropractor will create a unique treatment specifically designed to treat your body. Chiropractors use an array of techniques in order to relieve the patient of pain. A few commonly practiced techniques are flexion-distraction, pelvic blocking, and spinal decompression.
Contact Physical Therapy Central Islip NY Today!
- Flexion-distraction therapy is a technique used to treat many spine conditions including herniated disks. This technique reduces pressure on the spine caused by the disk bulge. It also increases spinal motion.
- Pelvic blocking technique is when the chiropractor places cushion wedges under each side of the pelvis in order to alter your mechanics and draw your disk away from the nerve it is pressing on.
- Spinal decompression is used to decompress the disks in order to remove tension. The chiropractor will lengthen and stretch the spine, also relieving pressure. Putting pressure on the spine and then releasing it removes pressure and helps move the spinal column back into place. If you are in the Suffolk County area and experiencing any symptoms related to a herniated disk, contact Connetquot Chiropractic, P.C.! Our physical therapy central islip ny can help you reduce back pain today!
Yoga and Spine Health
Yoga is a popular holistic technique for treating and relieving spinal conditions, especially back pain. Physical therapy central islip ny, like Dr. Lambert or Dr. Berns, offer chiropractic care and wellness services in order to help educate you on techniques and exercises and most importantly to help your body heal holistically. The goal of yoga is to provide you with a number of physical as well as mental benefits.
The Benefits of Yoga
For individuals who suffer from spinal complications, the most important thing is to find a form of exercise that helps to manage the pain. Yoga is a safe and effective technique to help reduce and alleviate many forms of back pain as well as prevent ongoing complications. If you are not sure if yoga is right for you, our physical therapy central islip ny will be able to examine your bodily condition in order to provide you with personal recommendations.
Physical benefits of yoga exercises include:
- Stretching and relaxation - Yoga exercises integrate both stretching as well as relaxation techniques. This combination reduces tension in stress-carrying muscles.
- Increasing muscle strength - Holding yoga positions requires concentrated use of specific muscles of the body. By remaining in these positions and blending various movements, your muscle strength will improve. Many of these yoga positions strengthen back muscles as well as abdominal muscles.
- Improving balance and posture - The purpose of these yoga poses is to train the body to be healthy. Yoga properly stretches the body equally on both sides. An increased sense of balance with the head, shoulders, and pelvis in proper alignment helps maintain the natural position of the spine.
- Yoga exercises also provide various healing benefits for individuals with various types of spinal complications. The gentle stretching and strengthening of lower back muscles help to increase blood flow throughout the body. This increased circulation brings healing nutrients to the injured tissue. Yoga is known to provide efficient recovery time from an injury, prevent future injuries from occurring as well as helping you to maintain a regular level of daily activities.
Visit Physical Therapy Central Islip NY Today!
Our physical therapy central islip ny, and our physical therapists like Dr. Lambert or Dr. Berns, takes pride in providing our patients with the finest wellness care. If you have questions concerning if yoga is right for you, contact us today to discuss the options with our chiropractors.