Welcome To LI Integrated Our Chiropractor in Bohemia NY
LI Integrated has focused on improving the health and minds of Ronkonkoma residents since 1985. Everyone wants to live a healthy, pain free life which is why our wellness center here at LI Integrated located in Ronkonkoma, New York provides safe and effective treatment options that will get your body and mind back to its normal state holistically. Our dedicated staff ensures you that you will leave each session, one step closer to a pain free life. Our goal here at LI Integrated is to take you back to that pain free state and healthy lifestyle that you have been missing. Through our many services offered, each is tailored to fit the needs of each and every patient. We work to get them back to that desired pain free state and help them reach their health goals. Contact us to use our chiropractor in bohemia ny today!
Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy
If you’ve been dealing with back, neck, and extremity pain, it can often be attributed to abnormalities in the spinal column. This debilitating pain may have you worried about needing surgery to find relief. Fortunately, chiropractor in bohemia ny is a less invasive option to restore normal feeling and function. At LI Integrated, we employ spinal decompression therapy to help patients achieve much-needed relief. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of this approach.
Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy
The spinal cord is the main conduit for nerve communications throughout your body. Even a slight misalignment in the spine can compress nerve tissue. Bulging or herniated discs are among the most common causes of nerve root compression. The resulting symptoms include numbness, tingling, and pain in your extremities, neck, or back. A Chiropractor in bohemia ny at LI Integrated is non-surgical, comfortable, and effective. It works by imposing a traction force on both ends of the spine with our chiropractor’s hands or a specialized device. This form of therapy offers several benefits to patients dealing with spine-related dysfunction:
- Pain Relief - Spinal decompression therapy can help relieve tension in injured muscles and stimulate natural healing in the body.
- Restored Alignment - Poor body mechanics and stress may cause the joints to move out of place or cause discs to herniate. The vacuum-like force from spinal decompression helps realign the discs and joints, preventing further pain, impaired mobility, inflammation, and dysfunction.
- Promoted Healing - Spinal decompression therapy helps to draw healing substances toward damaged tissue.
- Relieved Pressure - Non-surgical spinal decompression increases space around the spinal nerves, relieving pressure and allowing them to begin healing.
- Improved Healing Approach - Spinal decompression therapy enables optimal spinal function and health. Incorporating spinal decompression accelerates the effectiveness of other chiropractic approaches used at LI Integrated.
Instead of masking your pain with medication, chiropractor in bohemia ny provides natural, lasting pain relief at the source of your issue. Our chiropractor will evaluate your condition and determine if spinal decompression is right for you!
Visit Chiropractor in Bohemia NY
If compressed nerves are causing you pain and interfering with your daily life, chiropractor in bohemia ny could provide you with significant relief. To learn more about this treatment approach, be sure to contact LI Integrated today to schedule an appointment!
Visit Our Chiropractor in Bohemia NY Today!
Benefits of Acupuncture
If you haven’t experienced holistic treatment, the concept of chiropractor in bohemia ny can seem daunting. Acupuncture is a form of Traditional Chinese medicine practiced for centuries and involves the strategic insertion of thin needles throughout the body to manipulate tissues and other bodily functions positively. At LI Integrated, our acupuncturist can help you heal from various ailments through this holistic approach. Continue reading below to discover the healing benefits of acupuncture!
With origins in ancient China, chiropractor in bohemia ny has become a widely used holistic therapy to treat pain. The belief behind this ancient practice is that the body is filled with an invisible energy source (Qi). Optimal physical, emotional, and mental health can occur when this energy flows properly throughout the body. However, energy blockages can cause illness. Our staff will perform a consultation and determine if your ailment can be treated with acupuncture.
Our acupuncturist will carefully insert small, sterilized injuries into areas experiencing Qi blockage during your acupuncture session at LI Integrated. Once inserted, these needles will remain in place to stimulate the central nervous system to encourage healing. After around 20 minutes, the needles are removed, and you may begin to feel more energized and relaxed. Some of the conditions acupuncture can treat include:
- Acute and chronic pain.
- Musculoskeletal injuries.
- Back and neck pain.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Menstrual cramps
Benefits of Acupuncture
A chiropractor in bohemia ny is considered an effective alternative treatment method for pain relief and recovery. One of the key benefits of this ancient practice is that it is natural, safe, and works well in conjunction with several other treatment modalities. Here are some other benefits of acupuncture to consider before your visit to LI Integrated:
- Reduced acute and chronic pain.
- Enhanced mood.
- Reduced stress.
- Improved energy.
- Headache and migraine relief.
- Improved sleep.
If you are interested in experiencing the benefits of acupuncture, we will evaluate your current symptoms and condition and determine if this holistic alternative is right for you. We employ a whole-patient approach to care and will incorporate multiple modalities to ensure you receive well-rounded care.
At LI Integrated, our acupuncturist provides quality treatment to our patients to facilitate a return to optimal health and wellness. If you are interested in experiencing chiropractor in bohemia ny, contact us today!
Exercises for Lower Back Pain
When lower back pain strikes, you may feel like resting: however, exercising and moving around is more beneficial. Specific exercises can strengthen your back, stomach, and leg muscles, which support your spine. Our chiropractor in bohemia ny will assess your back and determine which specific exercises are most helpful for you. At LI Integrated, we can guide you through these exercises to reduce lower back pain.
As always, please consult with a physician before embarking on a new workout routine.
One type of exercise that our chiropractor in bohemia ny can recommend to help strengthen your back and stomach muscles is partial crunches. Follow these steps for partial crunches:
- First, lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head and raise your shoulders off the floor as you simultaneously tighten your stomach muscles.
- Hold yourself up for a second and then lower back down.
- You can repeat this motion eight to twelve times.
Wall sits can also help reduce lower back pain by strengthening your lower body. This exercise targets your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. To perform wall sits, follow these steps:
- Stand 10 inches from the wall and lean back so your back is flat against the wall.
- Slide down against the wall until your knees are slightly bent, and press your lower back into the wall.
- Keep holding this position for 10 seconds and then slide back up the wall.
- Repeat this exercise eight to twelve times.
Another exercise that can decrease lower back pain is lifting weights. When correctly done, lifting weights can build muscle and strengthen your bones and joints. However, be cautious when lifting weights because extra stress on your back muscles and ligaments could increase the risk of further injury.
Benefits of Strengthening Your Back
Other than decreasing lower back pain, exercising can help your back by doing the following:
- Decrease the likelihood of future back injuries.
- Stabilize your spine.
- Increase muscle tone.
- Help build bone.
- Teach good body mechanics.
Lower back pain can be uncomfortable and debilitating. Thankfully, our chiropractor in bohemia ny can help. Our team at LI Integrated can provide you with exercises to strengthen your back and lower body muscles, decreasing pain. Contact our staff to learn which exercises can benefit your lower back pain.
How Can You Minimize Back Pain At Work?
If you spend most of your time sitting down behind a desk, you’re probably not a stranger to frequent back pain. If your job requires you to bend and twist frequently, you may be even more prone to developing back pain. Whether it’s a dull ache or shooting pain, back pain can make it difficult to concentrate on your job. Regardless of your occupation, our chiropractor in bohemia ny at LI Integrated is here to help. Continue reading to learn how you can minimize your back pain at work!
Minimize Back Pain at Work
Back pain can be prevented or reduced in the office by improving your posture and implementing proper workplace ergonomics. Practicing safe movements can also keep pain at bay. If you start to develop back pain, visiting a chiropractor in Islandia can offer some relief. Consider these tips for minimizing or preventing back pain at work:
- Adjust Your Workstation - Adjusting your work environment allows you to care for your back properly. Whether you sit at a desk or any other station, you’ll need to set up your space so that you are comfortable working for long periods.
- Good Posture - While workplace ergonomics are essential, maintaining your spine healthy requires active muscle to maintain good posture. Slouching strains the structures in your back, and over time, the amount of stress on your spine can affect other areas of your body. Our chiropractor in bohemia ny can help you make postural adjustments to alleviate persistent back pain.
- Modify Tasks - When lifting a heavy object, make sure to use proper body mechanics to avoid straining your back. If you perform repetitive tasks, try to alternate demanding tasks.
- Take Breaks - Slouching and other poor postures become more likely as muscles tire. Get up frequently and take breaks throughout the day to stretch, stand or walk to relieve extra pressure on your neck and back.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Bohemia NY
Adjusting your environment and personal habits can help significantly reduce the stress on your back over your lifetime. At LI Integrated, our chiropractor in bohemia ny is here to address the cause of your back pain and effectively treat the issue firsthand. Be sure to contact us today to schedule an appointment for chiropractic care.
How Often Should You Get A Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic care helps treat existing musculoskeletal problems and provides maintenance to your body to prevent future issues. If you’re currently experiencing pain or imbalances in your body, you can benefit from seeing a chiropractor in Bohemia NY. However, there’s no need to stop treatment as soon as you begin to feel better. Regular chiropractic adjustments from our team at LI Integrated can help your body stay in balance and prevent reoccurring health problems. Continue reading to discover how often you should get a chiropractic adjustment.
Why Should You See A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is the first person patients turn to when they experience back or neck pain. For others, chiropractic care may be an alternative to otherwise ineffective interventions. There are several reasons why patients seek the services of a chiropractor in Bohemia NY. The most common reason is for a chiropractic adjustment to realign the vertebrae and prevent pain.
A chiropractic adjustment will be specific to you and your body, so your chiropractor will perform a complete evaluation during your initial visit. Our chiropractor will use their hands or another small instrument to apply controlled force to a spinal joint during this treatment. This treatment aims to ensure your body’s musculoskeletal system is in proper alignment. Some of the benefits you can experience with adjustments at LI Integrated include:
- Stress Relief.
- Improved Posture.
- Better Sleep.
- Reduced Pain and Inflammation.
How Often Should You Get A Chiropractic Adjustment?
If you are unfamiliar with chiropractic adjustments, you may be wondering how often you should receive this treatment. When starting a new treatment regimen, it’s common to receive weekly adjustments. As you begin to heal, the amount of adjustments you need may decrease. You do not have to be in pain to visit a chiropractor in Bohemia NY. Adding regular chiropractic visits to your healthcare routine can help reduce your chances of future injuries and help you maintain optimal body function, regardless of whether or not you are currently in pain. Our chiropractor will work with you to determine how often you should receive adjustments and devise an optimal treatment plan suitable for your needs.
For over 30 years, our team at LI Integrated has focused on improving the health and wellness of our patients through compassionate and gentle chiropractic care. Our goal is to help patients return to a pain-free state and healthy lifestyle. To learn more about the benefits of routine chiropractic adjustments, be sure to contact our chiropractor in Bohemia NY today!