Welcome To LI Integrated A Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
LI Integrated a Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY has focused on improving the health and minds of Ronkonkoma residents since 1985. Everyone wants to live a healthy, pain free life which is why our wellness center here at LI Integrated located in Ronkonkoma, New York provides safe and effective treatment options that will get your body and mind back to its normal state holistically. Our dedicated staff ensures you that you will leave each session, one step closer to a pain free life. Our goal here at LI Integrated is to take you back to that pain free state and healthy lifestyle that you have been missing. Through our many services offered, each is tailored to fit the needs of each and every patient. We work to get them back to that desired pain free state and help them reach their health goals.
Located in Ronkonkoma, the heart of Suffolk County, the leading health professionals at LI Integrated are dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives -- combining skill and expertise that spans the entire Chiropractic wellness spectrum. Serving the communities of Bohemia, Islandia, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Sayville, Lake Ronkonkoma, Central Islip, and Centereach, Dr. Bruce Berns is committed to bringing you better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of chiropractic wellness care.
Patients seeking treatment at LI Integrated with Dr. Bruce Berns are assured of receiving only the finest quality care through the use of modern chiropractic equipment and technology. Dr. Bruce Berns and the staff have a genuine concern for your well-being! If you are new to our website, please feel free to discover and learn about Chiropractic wellness. If you are interested in starting your journey towards wellness please subscribe to our award winning newsletter. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, please explore the member wellness section of our website for wellness articles, resources, and health facts---specifically targeted by Dr. Bruce Berns to your wellness needs and interests.
How Often Should You Get A Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic care helps treat existing musculoskeletal problems and provides maintenance to your body to prevent future issues. If you’re currently experiencing pain or imbalances in your body, you can benefit from seeing Physical therapy in Ronkonkoma NY. However, there’s no need to stop treatment as soon as you begin to feel better. Regular chiropractic adjustments from our team at LI Integrated can help your body stay in balance and prevent reoccurring health problems for rehabilitation. Continue reading to discover how often you should get a chiropractic adjustment.
Why Should You See A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is the first person patients turn to when they experience back or neck pain. For others, chiropractic care may be an alternative to otherwise ineffective interventions. There are several reasons why patients seek the services of a Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY. The most common reason is for a chiropractic adjustment to realign the vertebrae and prevent pain.
A chiropractic adjustment will be specific to you and your body, so your chiropractor will perform a complete evaluation during your initial visit. Our chiropractor will use their hands or another small instrument to apply controlled force to a spinal joint during this treatment. This treatment aims to ensure your body’s musculoskeletal system is in proper alignment. Some of the benefits you can experience with adjustments at LI Integrated include:
- Stress Relief.
- Improved Posture.
- Better Sleep.
- Reduced Pain and Inflammation.
How Often Should You Get A Chiropractic Adjustment?
If you are unfamiliar with chiropractic adjustments, you may be wondering how often you should receive this treatment. When starting a new treatment regimen, it’s common to receive weekly adjustments. As you begin to heal, the amount of adjustments you need may decrease. You do not have to be in pain to visit a Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY. Adding regular chiropractic visits to your healthcare routine can help reduce your chances of future injuries and help you maintain optimal body function, regardless of whether or not you are currently in pain. Our chiropractor will work with you to determine how often you should receive adjustments and devise an optimal treatment plan suitable for your needs.
For over 30 years, our team at LI Integrated has focused on improving the health and wellness of our patients through compassionate and gentle chiropractic care. Our goal is to help patients return to a pain-free state and healthy lifestyle. To learn more about the benefits of routine chiropractic adjustments, be sure to contact our PT in Ronkonkoma NY today!
Fill Out This Form If You're Looking For A Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
Is Acupuncture Good For Chronic Pain?
When you’re searching for ways to manage your chronic pain, acupuncture may not be the first treatment solution that comes to mind. However, acupuncture with our hands on physical therapy ronkonkoma NY has a leg up on other treatments for chronic pain due to its low risk of side effects. For those interested in a holistic approach to wellness, acupuncture at LI Integrated may be right for you.
Acupuncture for Chronic Pain
Acupuncture is a practice that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries but has gained steam in the west in recent years. During an acupuncture session with our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY, hair-thin needles are inserted into the skin at specific acupuncture points around the body. This virtually painless treatment is thought to correct imbalances in energy flow (qi) in the body. Dealing with chronic pain in your muscles and joints can make daily life miserable.
Acupuncture can be a great alternative when standard treatments like physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications fail to yield results. When performed by a professional, this treatment offers numerous benefits. It has been shown to deliver optimal results without the risks and side effects associated with more traditional chronic pain treatments. In addition to reducing your chronic pain, acupuncture may have these additional benefits:
- Reduced stress - Stress is a common trigger for pain. Acupuncture can help reduce your stress levels by restoring energy balance and triggering the nervous system functions.
- Headache relief - Patients with chronic migraines and headaches seeking alternative treatments may find relief with acupuncture treatments.
- Improved sleep - When your body’s energy is balanced, and your nervous system is stimulated properly, it becomes easier to fall asleep at night. Better sleep also leads to improved energy levels, which can help you feel more productive at work and home.
- Improved immune system - Acupuncture can help boost the activity of your immune system cells that destroy infections and irregularities.
If you are having a hard time managing your chronic pain or other health issues with conventional treatment methods, our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY may be right for you. At LI Integrated, we address several different conditions with this holistic approach. If you're looking for physical therapy services, be sure to contact our team today to schedule an appointment!
What Does Decompressing Your Spine Do?
Lasting neck and back pain can be very disruptive to your daily life. This pain can often be attributed to abnormalities in the discs in the spinal column. If you are suffering from severe back and neck pain, our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY at LI Integrated can employ a non-surgical treatment known as spinal decompression to ease pinched nerves and restore normal function to get you back to a pain-free life. Continue reading to learn more about this treatment and discover if it’s suitable for you.
What is Spinal Decompression?
Non-surgical spinal decompression is a form of motorized traction used at LI Integrated to help relieve back pain. Spinal decompression gently stretches the spine and changes the position and force of the spine. These changes take pressure off of the discs by creating negative pressure in the disc. As a result, spinal decompression may cause herniated or bulging discs to retract, thus taking pressure off of the nerves and the surrounding structures. This non-invasive treatment helps facilitate disc healing by promoting the movement of oxygen, water, and nutrient-rich fluids into the discs. Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY has used spinal decompression to treat the following conditions:
- Neck Pain.
- Back Pain.
- Degenerative Disc Disease.
- Bulging or Herniated Discs.
- Posterior Facet Syndrome.
- Diseased or Injured Spinal Nerve Roots.
Spinal decompression is often used in conjunction with other chiropractic treatment modalities to provide patients with well-rounded care.
Spinal decompression performed by our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY is non-invasive and involves the use of our DRX 9000 spinal decompression table. The mechanized table applies a flexion-distraction force to pull the vertebrae slightly apart, and the resulting pressure shifts herniated or bulging discs back into proper placement. This technique also helps bulging discs replenish their fluid supply, restoring some of their height and easing joint stress. Depending on the degree of herniation, you may be required to return for additional sessions. However, this treatment is safe, effective, and painless, making it an excellent alternative to treating disc issues. Spinal decompression is often combined with other chiropractic treatments like ultrasound therapy, heat or cold therapy, and electrical stimulation. It’s best to consult with our team to determine if you are a good candidate for non-surgical spinal decompression. Those with the following conditions may not be ideal candidates for decompression:
- Metal implants in the spine.
- Advanced osteoporosis.
Contact Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
When you’re suffering from debilitating back and neck pain, you are likely looking for solutions to free yourself from pain and regain control of your life. At LI Integrated, our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY provides non-invasive spinal decompression as an alternative to back surgery. To learn more about this treatment or schedule an appointment, be sure to contact us today!
How Do You Strengthen Your Spine?
Persistent back pain can be disruptive to your daily life. If you’re dealing with chronic back pain, strengthening your spine and core muscles can potentially improve your symptoms and boost your spine health. At LI Integrated, Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY our team is dedicated to helping you live comfortably by working to eliminate your back pain.
Importance of Spine Health
Your spine health is imperative to the health of your entire body. A weak or unhealthy spine can lead to various unwelcome issues and disrupt the peripheral nervous system. The spine acts as a pillar of support for your body, and having a strong and healthy spine can even provide the following:
- Crucial flexibility in the lower back and neck that allows us to twist and bend.
- Core strength is provided by the supportive muscles, discs, joints, bones, and connective tissue that allow us to sit or stand up straight and walk with ease.
- Protection for the nerves and spinal cord to relay messages to the brain and the rest of the body.
Visiting a chiropractor regularly can make a significant difference in your spine health, but there are things you can do outside of the office to help strengthen your spine. Contact our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY today!
Strengthening The Spine
The spine is a complex and well-engineered system, but it is not invincible. Whether it’s strained muscles, a herniated disc, or other injuries, it can be challenging to navigate your life with back pain. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to help keep your spine healthy and strong instead of suffering from an injury:
- Rest your spine while sleeping - Rest is crucial to your spine health, so make the most of this time by using a mattress and pillows that comfortably support your spine.
- Maintain good posture - It’s easy to neglect your posture, especially if you have to sit behind a desk all day. Maintaining good posture reduces stress on the spine and the supporting structures that protect the spinal cord. Sitting or standing straight helps your spine feel better and can even improve your energy, breathing, and digestion.
- Exercise regularly - Exercising and stretching for a few minutes every day is good for your body and spine. Our team can show you beneficial activities and stretches targeted to improve the strength and health of your spine. The core muscles need to be strong to support your spine and take pressure off of your back.
- stretches and exercises
Contact Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
At LI Integrated, Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY we offer several different treatments to help with back pain and improve the overall health of your spine. We employ hands-on, non-invasive treatment to adjust the spine and release the pressure that causes pain. To learn more about how you can strengthen your spine, or schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, contact us today!
How To Know If Sciatica Is Getting Worse
Sciatica is a chronic condition that stems from inflammation, irritation, compression, or pinching of the sciatic nerve. While sciatica can be quite painful, it typically resolves on its own over time. However, if you find that your sciatica is not improving, you may be unknowingly triggering your sciatica. At LI Integrated, we offer Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY to help our patients find consistent relief from sciatica pain. Continue reading to learn more about how you can tell if your sciatica is getting worse and what factors contribute to this phenomenon.
Is My Sciatica Getting Worse?
Sciatica is a term that refers to pain caused by the sciatic nerve. This condition can stem from various causes, including pinched nerves, bone spurs, and herniated discs. Sciatica pain usually improves over time, but chronic sciatica causes ongoing pain. Here are some potential ways you could be triggering your sciatica and making it worse include the following:
- Sitting - Sitting is an activity that places significant pressure on your lower back, glutes, and sciatic nerve. Sitting for prolonged periods can trigger sciatica pain and worsen the condition. Moving around promotes blood flow to the area and gives the nerve a break. If you work at a desk, take a short walk around every hour to stretch tight areas in the lower body.
- Uncomfortable Shoes - If you are a fan of fancy footwear and can’t seem to get rid of your sciatica pain, your shoes can be the culprit of your discomfort. High heels can change your weight distribution and put pressure on the front of your feet. This can cause you to push your hips forward. Standing or walking with your pelvis pushed forward puts stress on your hamstrings and stretches them. Since the sciatic nerve is close to the hamstrings, this stretching can damage the nerve. Wear supportive and comfortable shoes to avoid this occurrence.
- Inactivity and Extra Weight - Persistent sciatica pain is common if you don’t exercise and are overweight. Excess weight in the mid-section can put a strain on the lower back and pelvis. Lack of physical activity can also make your pain worse in the long run. Attending Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY can help you find an effective exercise routine that helps you lose weight and incorporate exercises into your daily routine to help you ease pain and stop triggering your sciatica.
LI Integrated - Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
At LI Integrated, our dedicated team will identify what factors exacerbate your sciatica pain and determine the appropriate treatment. If you are interested in taking charge of your sciatica pain, schedule an appointment with our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY today.
How Can You Minimize Back Pain At Work?
If you spend most of your time sitting down behind a desk, you’re probably not a stranger to frequent back pain. If your job requires you to bend and twist frequently, you may be even more prone to developing back pain. Whether it’s a dull ache or shooting pain, back pain can make it difficult to concentrate on your job. Regardless of your occupation, our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY at LI Integrated is here to help. Continue reading to learn how you can minimize your back pain at work!
Minimize Back Pain at Work
Back pain can be prevented or reduced in the office by improving your posture and implementing proper workplace ergonomics. Practicing safe movements can also keep pain at bay. If you start to develop back pain, visiting a chiropractor in Islandia can offer some relief. Consider these tips for minimizing or preventing back pain at work:
- Adjust Your Workstation - Adjusting your work environment allows you to care for your back properly. Whether you sit at a desk or any other station, you’ll need to set up your space so that you are comfortable working for long periods.
- Good Posture - While workplace ergonomics are essential, maintaining your spine healthy requires active muscle to maintain good posture. Slouching strains the structures in your back, and over time, the amount of stress on your spine can affect other areas of your body. Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY can help you make postural adjustments to alleviate persistent back pain.
- Modify Tasks - When lifting a heavy object, make sure to use proper body mechanics to avoid straining your back. If you perform repetitive tasks, try to alternate demanding tasks.
- Take Breaks - Slouching and other poor postures become more likely as muscles tire. Get up frequently and take breaks throughout the day to stretch, stand or walk to relieve extra pressure on your neck and back.
Adjusting your environment and personal habits can help significantly reduce the stress on your back over your lifetime. At LI Integrated, our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY is here to address the cause of your back pain and effectively treat the issue firsthand. Be sure to contact us today to schedule an appointment for chiropractic care.
Essential Tips For Swimming With Back Pain
Summer is the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy a dip in the pool or ocean. Swimming is an excellent low-impact exercise that is easy on your back and spine. However, if you are dealing with back pain, you need to be careful if you swim for exercise. Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY, at LI Integrated would like to share some essential tips for swimming with back pain. Continue reading to learn more!
Tips for Swimming with Back Pain
Our physical therapist often recommends swimming in Bohemia NY, for back pain patients. The buoyancy of water counteracts gravity, which can decrease compression on your spine. Swimming allows you to get in cardiovascular activity without aggravating your back pain and straining your joints. However, it’s important to exercise caution when swimming with back pain. Here are some essential tips to keep in mind before your next dip in the pool:
- Form - Make sure you use proper form when swimming, and keep your body level in the water. It would be best if you also were keeping your head straight rather than lifted to avoid straining your back. Try using a snorkel or mask to eliminate the need to bend your back while lifting your head for air or as you turn to take a breath.
- Best Strokes for Pain - Your choice of strokes for swimming can either help or hurt your back, so stick with strokes that will keep pain in check. Freestyle and backstroke are the safest for individuals with back pain.
- Moderation - Swimming is low-impact, fun, and feels good for your body. But like all forms of exercise, you want to avoid overdoing it. Listen to how your body responds to the activity and use it to guide how often you should swim.
Before you start any new exercise program, it’s best to consult with a Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY. Our team can evaluate your symptoms and determine if swimming is advised for your condition.
Contact Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY
Before taking the plunge this summer, schedule an appointment at LI Integrated! Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY is dedicated to helping patients with back pain and can help you determine the best activities to relieve your symptoms. Be sure to contact us today to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Some Signs of Neck Injuries?
- Pain is the primary symptom of a neck injury. You may also experience stiffness, inflammation, soreness, and loss of range of motion. Your pain may be mild or severe. It may come and go or persist for months at a time. Neck pain may also be accompanied by headaches, arm numbness, and back pain, depending on your injury.
- Causes of Sciatica
- Sciatica pain is commonly the result of disc herniation that directly presses on the nerve. If there is inflammation of the sciatic nerve, this can lead to symptoms of sciatica. Some natural causes of sciatica can include irritation of the nerve from the bone or internal bleeding which can cause infections around the spine. If you are experiencing symptoms of sciatica, and are looking for a chiropractor, contact one of our chiropractors of Ronkonkoma for a consultation.
- Benefits of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture in Bohemia NY is considered an effective alternative treatment method for pain relief and recovery. One of the key benefits of this ancient practice is that it is natural, safe, and works well in conjunction with several other treatment modalities. Here are some other benefits of acupuncture to consider before your visit to LI Integrated.
- Minimize Back Pain at Work
- Back pain can be prevented or reduced in the office by improving your posture and implementing proper workplace ergonomics. Practicing safe movements can also keep pain at bay. If you start to develop back pain, visiting a Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY can offer some relief. Consider these tips for minimizing or preventing back pain at work
See What Our Patients Have To Say!
- Nice, clean and extremely friendly environment. They cater to your needs and fix whatever problems are going on...I felt instant relief and now able to move n do things that I haven't in years.. Can't wait for my next appt to continue the improvements - kimmiah ojeda
- Dr. Berns and his staff are very nice, caring and accommodating. Everything you need is right there and that is a plus. They go far and beyond to make sure you leave there feeling better. I’m so grateful my son recommended this place. Thank you Dr. Berns - Jenny Ramirez
- Love this practice, nicest staff and always so caring. Always feel better after my appointment. Definitely recommend them to anyone needing chiropractic care. Dr. Berne takes personal interest in how you are feeling and his staff is top notch - Matteo Guiliano
- I cannot say enough great things about Long Island Integrative! Dr. Berns and his team are so wonderful-as someone who has been going for treatment, from spinal decompression, stimulation massage therapy for neck & back, massage therapy with Paul (also so AMAZING!) for over a year several times per week, I can tell you that they are all so great at what they do. Not only do I feel so much better physically, but the team makes it such a pleasurable experience; when I go everyone is so warm, caring, friendly and most of all they all really want you to heal and do a fantastic job at that I highly recommend anyone who is need to visit this incredible practice! - Sarah Giglio
- I recommend for anyone and everyone if you have any problems with your back neck anybody parts to go here because it’s a good place to go in they really take pride in their work and the work is here I just lovely they make you feel like family - Randy Woods
Visit Our Physical Therapist in Ronkonkoma NY Today!