Chiropractic Care for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Defining Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Think back to a time when your foot fell asleep and you tried to get up and walk on it. The pins and needles you experience when this happens is a very uncomfortable feeling. Now imagine having that feeling again, but instead of your foot having pins and needles, you have that feeling in your hands and arms. If you believe you have carpal tunnel and are in need of a good chiropractor near Holbrook to give you treatment, LI Integrated is a perfect choice.
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Before discussing how to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s important to understand what causes this condition and what makes it worse. Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by too much pressure on the body’s median nerve. This pressure overload can disrupt the flow of blood and lead to swelling. Factors that increase the chances of having and worsening carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- Performing actions that require heavy involvement of the wrist - the median nerve is connected to many different parts of your hand and wrist. By constantly, using your wrist you may overextend it, which would add more pressure to the median nerve
- Wrist Injury - A sprain or fracture can disrupt the joint alignment and increase pressure on the median nerve.
- Any type of condition that increases fluid retention - These conditions include pregnancy, diabetes, etc.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is not something that just goes away on its own and if it’s not treated properly, the condition may worsen over time. In order, to prevent the condition from progressing, receiving treatment from a chiropractor can help. Our chiropractor near Holbrook, LI integrated, uses highly efficient techniques to put its patients at ease.
How Can Chiropractic Care Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Chiropractors are an effective way to treat carpal tunnel without the use of drugs or surgery. In order to treat the condition, a chiropractor must first run tests to get a better idea of what they’re dealing with. From there, they will come up with a treatment plan that usually consists of the following: exercises that reduce pain and increase strength, massaging/manipulating the wrist and arm, etc.
How Can LI Integrated Help With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be a painful and difficult condition to live with. Instead of living with discomfort, let a chiropractor near Holbrook, LI integrated, help you. LI Integrated provides the information necessary for patients to manage carpal tunnel syndrome, shows patients corrective exercises personalized for them, and offers massage therapy to reduce swelling. Call now to book your appointment today!
Chiropractic for Herniated Disc
What is a Herniated Disc?
A herniated disc occurs when there is a problem with one of the discs, also referred to as a “rubbery cushion,” that is located between each vertebra in your spine. These discs have a thick exterior shell that is filled with a jelly-like substance. When the exterior is ripped or torn, the jelly seeps out of the cushion and causes discomfort and pain. This is called a torn or slipped disc. In most cases, surgery is not needed for a herniated disc but instead, chiropractic care is prescribed. Our chiropractor near Holbrook at LI Integrated is the person you can put your trust in to give you the care and treatment you need.
- Incorrectly handling large, heavy objects - Lifting with your back instead of squatting and using your legs as leverage can result in spinal injuries and strains to your muscles. Practice safely carrying objects or if they’re too heavy, ask for help.
- Disk degeneration - As you age, so do your discs. As time carries on, the disc weakens and becomes more prone to tears and slips.
- Twisting awkwardly during physical activity - A sudden turn in the vertebrae can tear the outer layer of the disc and result in a herniated disc.
- Being overweight - Having excess weight can put extra, unwanted pressure on your joints and spine. As a result, injuries can become a regular occurrence if weight isn’t taken care of.
- Pain in the lower back area, both legs, and into the feet (sciatica)
- Numbness/tingling sensation
- Numbness/tingling sensation
Our chiropractor near Holbrook will evaluate your injury and create a plan to ensure that you properly recover. After going through an extensive physical exam, our staff can administer several different treatment options to treat your condition:
- Spinal manipulation
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Flexion-distraction technique
- Pelvic blocking techniques
Herniated discs are something you shouldn’t wait to rectify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that have been discussed, do not hesitate to contact LI Integrated today. Make an appointment and change your life for the better!
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Are headaches starting to take a toll on your day-to-day life? Is enjoying time with friends and family beginning ruined by painful migraines? Stop living in pain! Our chiropractor near Holbrook can give you the help you need today! Contact LI Integrated today and start your treatment!
Different Types of Headaches
Headaches and their accompanying symptoms can be debilitating. They are also one of the most common complaints we see in our office. In many cases, chiropractic treatment can be the key to unlocking relief. Within the term, “headache” lies different types of headaches, each with its own causes and symptoms. Common types of headaches include:
- Cervicogenic headaches - This type of headache is caused by a structural issue in the neck, specifically within the cervical vertebrae at the top of the spine. It is commonly developed in people whose jobs place a strain on their necks. Other conditions such as arthritis, whiplash, or another neck injury may also be causing this. Cervicogenic headaches are often experienced as pain beginning in the neck/back of the head and may also be accompanied by pain around the eyes, painful movement of the neck, and sensitivity to light and sound.
- Migraines - Migraine is a neurological condition causing throbbing pain and often other debilitating symptoms including vomiting/nausea, ringing in the ears, intolerance of light and sound, and visual changes like flashes of light, spots, or wavy vision. There isn’t a universal answer as to the cause of migraines. Several triggers may be contributing to your condition, including stress, hormonal changes, food or sleep disturbances, weather, and odors. There is also a large genetic component to migraines. Your risk of experiencing a migraine triple if you have relatives who also suffer from them.
- Tension headaches - A tension headache consists of dull head pain and pressure on either side of the forehead. The difference between tension headaches and migraines lies in the symptoms. Tension headaches do not cause vomiting or nausea and rarely lead to sensory sensitivity. Numerous factors may contribute to this type of headache including eye strain, diet, fatigue, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, or a sinus infection.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
To treat a cervicogenic headache, our chiropractor near Holbrook may utilize spinal manipulation (adjustments) and/or joint mobilization to realign the upper part of the spine in the neck, also known as the cervical spine. The purpose of this therapy is to restore pain-free motion to the neck. You may also be prescribed exercises to stretch and strengthen the deep neck flexors. This group of muscles is responsible for your simple, everyday movements such as turning your head or nodding. Working on these muscles facilitates better posture and support for the neck.
Some of the most effective treatments for migraines include neuromuscular massage and multidisciplinary care intervention. The neuromuscular massage consists primarily of trigger point therapy, applying pressure with the fingers, knuckles, or elbow. This helps release lactic acid from the muscles and promotes the flow of blood and oxygen. Efforts are typically focused on the back, shoulder, and neck. Multidisciplinary care involves incorporating physical therapy exercises, stress management, and relaxation techniques, and nutritional counseling to improve overall health and reduce the risk of experiencing migraines.
In the case of tension headaches, your chiropractor may perform adjustments to alleviate any stress and pressure within the spine. They may also incorporate diet or postural advice and recommend targeted exercises to avoid recurring irritation on the joints in your upper back and neck.
Contact Chiropractor near Holbrook
If you’re searching for the most effective and natural treatment for your headache, look no further than LI Integrated in Ronkonkoma! Our experienced team is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal full-body health. Visit our website or give us a call at (631) 738 - 9539 to schedule your first appointment and see how we can help you!
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Leg Pain
What is Leg Pain?
Leg pain has been described as a numb, aching, searing, throbbing, or burning feeling. The pain and discomfort felt by patients can range from a dull ache to a sharp stabbing sensation. Leg pain can also be accompanied by neurological symptoms, which can be felt in the leg as a pins-and-needles sensation. If your leg pain is starting to get the best of you, our chiropractor near Holbrook at chiropractor near Holbrook can provide you the care that you need.
What Causes Leg Pain?
Muscle Tension - Due to rigorous activity or our day-to-day job, the leg muscles might get stressed, which causes a buildup of tension in the muscles over time. This tension causes the muscles to tighten and become stiff. When they begin to relax after some time, this relaxation can result in intense pains.
Bone Fracture - Bone fractures cause severe leg pain. There are two types of fractures: a complete and an incomplete fracture. In a complete fracture, the bone is completely broken into two pieces and in an incomplete fracture, a portion of the bone is still intact. Those who suffer from fractured bones are usually predisposed to this occurrence through a condition known as osteoporosis, which causes the weakening of the bone by reduction of the bones’ density. This reduction in bone density causes an individual to be susceptible to bone fractures.
Arthritis - Arthritis is a common health condition that affects the joints in the body. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the synovial membrane is attacked by the body’s immune system. This causes the inflammation of the synovial membrane, which is believed to be the primary source of the leg pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis, which is a musculoskeletal condition, also leads to severe leg pain in patients. Arthritis is usually characterized by the stiffening of the cartilage in the knee joint. Cartilage is responsible for the protective cushioning effect of the joints. Osteoarthritis causes the cartilage to become stiff and degenerate. As a result of the degenerated cartilage, the bones that meet at the joint will rub together, resulting in a great amount of leg pain.
Shin Splints - This condition is also referred to as medial tibial stress syndrome, which occurs as a result of the overuse of muscle or tendons located near the shinbone. The leg pain is usually felt along the front of the lower leg, which is thought to be a result of the inflammation of the bone tissue, tendons, and muscles in the area following overuse.
Myalgia - The leg pain associated with this condition could be a result of overexertion, minor injury, excessive tension, or a high amount of stress. The symptoms include muscle pain in the leg of the patient. This muscle pain can range from mild to sharp severe pain within the tissues of the muscle. This debilitating pain is sometimes accompanied by tenderness, redness, and even inflammation in the area.
Chiropractic Treatment For Leg Pain
Our chiropractor near Holbrook at Connetquot Chiropractic can approach treating leg pain based on the causes and severity of the pain. The first cause of action is to determine the source of the pain in order to effectively treat it. Running a full x-ray of the patient’s body in addition to other examination techniques will help determine the source of the pain.
At Connetquot Chiropractic, we can offer a variety of physical treatments to heal your leg pain:
- Corrective exercises - Conducting different types of exercises can help strengthen different connective tissues and muscles in the damaged or injured areas. Our chiropractor near Holbrook can give you specific exercises and stretches that will keep your body and mind in the right state of mind.
- Massage therapy - We offer specific massages that are specialized in order to treat the specific issues going on with each patient. Through the use of different massage techniques, we can increase your blood circulation and, most importantly, reduce swelling, relax muscles, relieve spasms and pain, and increase the range of motion in your injured areas.
- Chiropractic care - Aside from just spinal treatments, a chiropractor can also treat your leg injuries as well. Our experienced chiropractor near Holbrook can conduct a variety of treatments that will help you recover from whatever ailment you have.
Contact Chiropractor near Holbrook
Our legs are vital to how we function. From working out to running errands, and even performing at your job, if your legs are injured, it’s important that you get the care you need. A chiropractor near Holbrook, we have the staff to make sure your legs are working at their highest level! If you’d like to make an appointment, contact us today.